If you thrive on challenge and collaboration, Barrick offers opportunities on a global scale. Our remarkable people have made us the leading gold mining company, and we’re looking for more people to join our team—people who are motivated, energetic, eager to learn and grow. We make it a priority to support the aspirations of every individual, with international opportunities, ongoing training and development, and first-class benefits.
Williams Operating Corporation - Barrick Gold located near Marathon in Northwestern Ontario presently requires a:
As a member of the Mineral Resource Management team, the successful candidate will report to the Senior Mine Geologist. This role will require an individual who is safety driven and safety conscious, and capable of working with a diverse team of production geologists, technical services staff, underground operations personnel, and diamond drillers. The selected applicant will be part of a team involved in sampling and mapping underground headings, inspecting stopes, logging core, communicating geological information which impacts mining to technical services and operations. This is a residential position working 10 hour shifts on a 4/3 schedule.
- Proven commitment to workplace safety.
- Proven commitment to technical excellence and industry best practices.
- Carry out daily underground geology work including lithological mapping, structural mapping, inspecting stopes, collecting muck samples and chip sampling.
- Drill core logging. Geological interpretation and modelling.
- Working collaboratively with technical and operational teams to ensure timely and effective ore control activities and to meet monthly production and development plans.
- As required, carry out special projects, including but not limited to, geological reviews, preparation of reports.
- Bachelor of Science in Geology
- Registered, or eligible to register, as a Professional Geoscientist with PGO
- 1-3 yrs. experience working in an underground mining environment
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Experience with 3D modeling software, geological database software, mapping software, and planning software. Vulcan / Leapfrog, AcQuire, ArcGIS, AutoCAD, and Deswik experience would be highly regarded
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to walk significant grades underground and lift 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Strong computing, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with engineering and production personnel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, motivated self-starter with high standards expected of themselves and others
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced mine production environment.
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including competitive bonuses, benefits, pension, and company match share purchase plan.
- A progressive career path including global opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Access to a global network of highly qualified professionals for exchanging knowledge and ideas, building skills, and sharing experiences
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.