The Temp Geologist is responsible for the performance of the following duties in a safe and productive manner:
- Set up reverse circulation drill rigs and core rigs at specified locations for drilling
- Log geological samples from drill holes, maintain and update all drill logs with pertinent information.
- Management of the master drill-hole database, and generation of ore reserves.
- Collection of samples for metallurgical testing (columns, bottle rolls, ABA, metal analysis) that will represent the mien area.
- Continue an accurate and ethical check sample program for all development drilling.
- Assist in the design of drill program for identification of reserves and condemnation areas.
- Assist in the delineation and modeling of ore reserves.
- Design and survey roads, trails, and drill sites for construction and reclamation in a cost effective manner.
- Ensure that environmental disturbance is kept to a minimum
- Ensure roads are built in the most accessible and effective manner.
- Review of geological maps and logs for identification of potential drill targets to avoid duplication of information from drilling adjacent existing drill sites.
- Follow all procedures and safety measures to assure safe production
- Work in all conditions and environments, approximately 80% of job is outdoors
- Able to lift 35 lbs. on a continuous basis, 75 lbs. occasionally
- Able to walk up and down slopes and uneven ground daily
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geology, Earth Science and/or Geological Engineering.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience within the chosen field.
- Requires extensive and varied knowledge of geological processes including depositional environments, structures, stratigraphy and mineralizing systems.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are required.
- Be proficient with the use of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word and Access), AutoCAD, Mining Software, and Trimble GPS software as well as be capable of learning any new software that may be needed to complete the job.
- Work as a team member and communicate openly with others
- Self-directed and able to take leadership role on many projects
- Willing to stop work for safety concerns and always abide by safety best practices, policies and procedures
- Flexibility in work schedule