If you thrive on challenge and collaboration, Barrick offers opportunities on a global scale. Our remarkable people have made us the leading gold mining company, and we’re looking for more people to join our team—people who are motivated, energetic, eager to learn and grow. We make it a priority to support the aspirations of every individual, with international opportunities, ongoing training and development, and first-class benefits.
Williams Operating Corporation - Barrick Gold located near Marathon in Northwestern Ontario presently requires a:
Mineral Resource Growth Geologist
As a member of the Mineral Resource Management team, the successful candidate will report to the Senior Mineral Resource Growth Geologist. This role will require an individual who is safety driven and safety conscious, and capable of working with a diverse team of Mine Exploration geologists, technical services staff, geological technicians, and diamond drillers. The selected applicant will be an integral member of the new Mineral Resource Growth (MRG) section, tasked with expanding the current resources and reserves and the discovery of new and economically viable ore zones that will have a significant impact on the mine’s earnings and growth. Knowledge of the geology of Archean greenstone belt deposits and hydrothermal alteration patterns will be highly regarded.
- Proven commitment to workplace safety
- Support of Mineral Resource Growth programs, including:
- Design and plan diamond drill holes
- Preparation and issuing of drill hole layouts
- Logging core and reporting on program results, including quantifying program success
- Monitoring daily drill programs for deviation
- Consistent effective communication drill contractor, geology and engineering
- Reporting on program costs and monitoring costs to budget
- Generation of new targets for additions to the mineral resource
- Updating geological interpretations with new drilling and mapping information
- Surface and underground drill inspections
- Carrying out surface and underground geological mapping as required for MRG programs
- Bachelor of Science in Geology
- Registered, or eligible to register as a Professional Geoscientist with the PGO
- 0-2 years’ experience in Mine Geology and/or near-mine mineral exploration with gold experience highly regarded
- Demonstrated initiative and project management capability
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access)
- Proficiency with 3D modeling software, geological database software, mapping software and planning software an asset. Experience with Vulcan, LeapFrog, AcQuire, ArcGIS, and Deswik is highly regarded.
- Demonstrate safety and environmental track record
- The ability and willingness to develop and implement new processes
- Ability to walk significant grades and repeatedly lift 50lbs
- Valid driver license
- Strong communication, planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and engineering and production personnel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, motivated self-starter with high standards expected of themselves and others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including competitive bonuses, benefits, pension, and company match share purchase plan.
- A progressive career path including global opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Access to a global network of highly qualified professionals for exchanging knowledge and ideas, building skills, and sharing experiences
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.