The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide a strong contribution to the site safety culture and programs, encouraging and ensuring others do the same.
- Work with mining crews, mine supervision and drilling crews to maintain a safe working environment.
- Under the guidance of the Senior Production Geologist, the successful candidate will monitor muck sample collection and timely submission of samples, geological mapping of active faces and other exposures underground; collate geological data for level plans, compile mapping and assay information in VULCAN mining software and correlate it with existing models.
- Update of ACQUIRE database; and grade compilation for muck rounds, Determine and monitor the routing of broken rock in the underground mine based on assays and mapping. Geological logging of underground diamond core and RC chips; update geological interpretation.
- Assist with geological studies as necessary. Prepare routine reports as required and perform other duties as assigned