At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
EXP is currently seeking an Intermediate Geohazard or Geological Engineer to join our engineering team in Burnaby, British Columbia. Reporting to the Geotechnical Discipline Manager, the successful candidate will provide technical services to a variety of projects, which will be assigned to them.
- Design, collect and interpret data from soil, sediment, and bedrock surveys;
- Design and implement geohazard field studies including effects of landslides, erosion, sedimentation on the landscape;
- Record and interpret geological and geomorphological information from maps, reports, stratigraphic logs, air photographs, satellite imagery, geological surveys and other sources;
- Participate in the study and mitigation of hazards including floods and landslides;
- Prepare geohazard maps, diagrams, cross-sections and reports from field and office studies;
- Work with senior staff when dealing with difficult, complex and unusual matters and decisions;
- Perform independent studies, analyses, interpretations and conclusions;
- Work independently with little supervision, depending on the complexity of the assignment;
- Continuing own technical skills development and propagation of those skills to others.
The Skills, Knowledge and Abilities We Seek
- P.Eng. Registration with the EGBC required;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geotechnical, Civil or Geological Engineering with a post-graduate degree with an emphasis in Geomorphology or Engineering Geology preferred;
- Strong verbal and written (English) communication;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Geotechnical engineering, Geohazard or Geological Engineering, preferably predominantly obtained in a consulting engineering environment;
- Experience as a Project Manager in a geotechnical investigation, design and construction control capacity would be considered an asset;
- Experience with complex investigations and design work;
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and tact when interacting with fellow staff, clients, consultants and contractors;
- Strong organizational and time management geotechnical skills, including multi-tasking and prioritizing;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Familiarity with standard construction procedures and methodologies;
- Ability to work in a team environment; and
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
What EXP Can Offer
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design and consulting services to the world’s built and natural environments.
Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice. Today, over 3,000 creative EXP professionals across North America provide the passion and expertise needed to deliver successful projects around the world.
Our promise is to offer you a challenging career in a positive and dynamic work environment, and it is a promise we take seriously.
Join a dynamic team at EXP that provides you with innovative projects, the capacity to develop your career, a full range of benefits, flexible working hours, and much more! When you explore what EXP has to offer, you’ll find exponential possibilities.
For more information, visit www.exp.com .