Arcadis is seeking a dedicated Geologist to join the Arcadis Field Services (AFS) team in the Toas, NM area. This position will assist project teams with operations and maintenance (O&M) of remediation systems, groundwater monitoring and sampling, and subcontractor oversight.
What you will do:
- Soil, surface water, and/ or ground water sampling
- Simple data collection, observations, measurements, and drawings
- Remedial construction and site cleanup labor
- Hazardous waste site operations
- Storm water compliance construction, maintenance, and/or monitoring
- Soil and groundwater treatment system operations, maintenance, or monitoring (OMM)
- Facility compliance inspections and monitoring
- Asbestos sampling/ universal waste inventory/ reporting
- Hazardous building material surveying and reporting
Who you are:
- Ability to solve practical problems encountered in the field
- Apply basic engineering principles and practices to assist in solving design, development, and modification problems
- Willingness to work over 95% in the field; often requiring heavy travel
- BA/BS in Geology or related field
- 2-4 years of professional experience
- Ability to read blueprints, diagrams, and schematics
- Ability to accurately document work activities (i.e., detailed field notes)
- Able to obtain a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) Driver’s License
- OSHA 40 Hour and updated 8 Hour Refresher training
- 30 Hour Construction Safety or equivalent training
- Experience with digital data collection
- Industrial Storm Water or Treatment Systems operator certification
Why Choose Arcadis?
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Now more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided groundbreaking sustainable solutions for some of the world’s most complex projects. We wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting. We are encouraged to innovate, apply emerging technologies and develop better solutions through global learning opportunities and workshops. Our team improves quality of life for our clients and their communities. Join us today!
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.