Professional Environmental Engineers, Inc. (PE) is a full-service environmental consulting firm that specializes in providing cost-effective environmental solutions for both government and commercial clientele. PE is seeking a full-time Geologist that has 3-5 years of environmental engineering and consulting experience to support a project office in Downers Grove, Illinois. The ideal candidates will meet all of the minimum requirements listed below. PE is seeking a dynamic individual capable of working with a team of professionals to assist primarily on storm water and environmental remediation projects. Assignments usually include one or more of the following: field sampling, well installation, site reconnaissance surveys, geological sampling and investigations, storm water investigations and sampling, sediment/erosion control evaluations, wetlands delineations, report preparation, proposal development, and other activities requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in the environmental consulting arena.
- Bachelor’s degree in geology or other geology-related discipline (earth and planetary sciences, soil science, geophysics, hydrogeology, environmental geology). Professional registration is preferred but not required. State of Illinois Asbestos and Lead certifications are not required but are a plus.
- Strong communications skills are required as the successful candidate will work with other scientists, engineers, project managers, and clients in the execution of projects.
- Familiarity with commonly accepted field data collection methods, data review, and preparation of scientific documents. Experience logging soil and rock on a drill rig and installing monitoring wells is required.
- Knowledge of geologic principles and local geologic framework, including the ability to independently identify local soil types using USCS or equivalent soil classification system and correlate site geology to regional geologic framework.
- Knowledge of environmental regulatory programs, particularly those specific to Illinois and the Chicago area. Experience with CERCLA and RCRA is also desirable.
- Experience (field or office) with the development and/or execution of storm water management plans. Experience performing wetland delineations is a plus but not required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Proficiency in computer software programs, particularly MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Valid OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER is required.
- Ability to travel (less than 25%).
PE is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
PE is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. If you need assistance applying, please call 314-531-0060.
PE has a Drug-Free Workplace Policy and requires all job applicants to take a drug test prior to hire. An applicant who fails the drug test will not be hired.
Due to the nature of this position, in order to help assure the employee is able to perform his or her duties safely, an annual physical examination will be required upon employment