Drill core logging and field mapping.
- Interpretation of geological data from exploration programs, including diamond drilling, field
mapping, surface sampling, re-logging, etc..
- Ensures best practices for logging, sampling, and database management are followed.
- Contribute to the evaluation and interpretation of detailed- to regional-scale geology to identify
and prioritize exploration opportunities.
- Contribute to exploration work programs and exploration planning.
- Work in close collaboration with contractors and any other persons placed under their
- All other tasks related to the regional exploration programs in the Island Gold Mine area as
required by their supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
A minimum bachelor’s degree in Geology or Earth Science; Post-graduate degree, an asset.
- Minimum 1-5 years’ experience in mineral exploration.
- Knowledge of orogenic gold deposit models.
- Understanding of geological settings, deposit models, and ore-forming processes as it pertains
to the latest concepts of gold deposit environments.
- Experience in logging of diamond drilling programs and field mapping.
- A demonstrated commitment to safety, environment, and community.
- Self-motivated and able to perform and communicate effectively within a dynamic and
- Experience with Leapfrog and ArcGIS considered an asset.
- Registered as a Geologist in Training (GIT) or Professional Geologist (P.Geo) desirable.
- Ability to work outside in varying temperatures (year-round) and manipulate core boxes that
can weigh 40-50 pounds.