Are you a Geology professional who is looking for career growth? Nevada Gold Mines' (NGM) Mineral Resource Management team has the perfect opportunity for you!
At NGM, our vision is to be the world’s most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. Our people division is growing, and we are looking for Senior Geologist - Drilling at our Cortez operations.
At NGM, we are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. We offer a generous benefits package which includes a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
- Compilation and review of historic data, collection of new data as required (geological mapping, sampling, logging, re-logging of historic drill holes), drill target selection and peer review
- Oversight of drilling programs, RC chip / core logging, maintain current working plans and sections, communication of progress and results through daily, weekly and monthly verbal and written reports, periodic presentations, 3D computer modeling of geology based on cross section and plan interpretation
- Leadership duties including working closely with the site MINEX exploration team, drill services / geotechnical personnel, contractors and consultants to achieve project objectives.
- Mine Resource Development Geology
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Geology or equivalent required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mining / mineral exploration required
- Experience with acQuire databases, ArcGIS, Vulcan and Leapfrog software preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work safely; commitment to a safe work culture and completion of mine exploration projects in an environmentally responsible manner required
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with peers at all levels of expertise required
- High level of organization and attention to detail and ability to adapt to changing priorities required
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality required
- Excellent oral and written skills, exhibit strong leadership qualities, demonstrated computer skills required
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
About Nevada Gold Mines
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick’s Cortez; the combination of Barrick’s Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp’s Carlin; and the combination of Barrick’s Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp’s Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick’s Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.