Are you a Geology professional who is looking for career growth? Nevada Gold Mines' (NGM) Mineral Resource Management team has the perfect opportunity for you!
At NGM, our vision is to be the world’s most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. Our people division is growing, and we are looking for a Geologist at our Cortez operations.
As part of the MRM team, the successful candidate will be results centric adding to our already ambitious yet exciting working environment supporting our mining operations.
At NGM, we are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. We offer a generous benefits package which includes a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
- Design of delineation drilling programs, track and report weekly/monthly intercepts and progress, assist with yearly budgets
- Supervise and report out spends to drill budgets and forecasts
- Compile and validate drilling data; including assay results, downhole survey, geology logging and QAQC and other data collected during drilling
- Support diamond and RC drilling activities through drill and drill station inspections, validating TD’s
- Geological logging of diamond core and RC chips; update of and grade compilation for face and bench samples using acquire database
- Geological mapping (either digital or on paper depending on location) and sampling of active faces and other exposures underground and/or on surface; which may require use of scaling bar and working from extreme platform
- Compile mapping and assay information in 3-D software and correlate it with existing models
- Supervise sample collection for accuracy and consistency, timely delivery to lab
- Resolve and monitor the routing of ore in the mine based on assays and mapping
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports as required; assist with weekly and monthly reconciliation for model performance and impacts to grade
- Bachelor of Science in Geology or related field required
- 3+ years experience working as an ore control or drilling geologist preferred
- Excellent safety record required
- Ability to work within a team environment and possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required
- Familiarity with logging diamond core and RC chips preferred
- Familiarity with Leapfrog, Deswik, Vulcan, and Acquire software preferred
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution AND employer match, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Endless opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Nevada Gold Mines
Nevada Gold Mines (NGM) is a joint venture between Barrick (61.5%) and Newmont (38.5%) that combined our significant assets across Nevada in 2019 to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world. NGM produces approximately 3.5 million ounces of gold a year. The massive mining operation comprises eight mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities and hosts three of Barrick’s Tier One assets: Carlin, Cortez, and Turquoise Ridge. At NGM, our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and owning the best assets, with the best people, to deliver sustainable returns for our owners and partners.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.