Location: Florida Office – Orlando, FL
The GRL Staff Engineer is responsible for performing dynamic, static, and specialty quality assurance testing of driven piles, drilled shafts, and other deep foundation types at construction sites. The individual will also undertake analysis of collected test data and prepare reports for clients in a timely and accurate manner.
- Candidate should have either a Master of Science in Civil or Geological Engineering or a Bachelor of Science in Civil or Geological Engineering and EI certificate. Professional Engineer licensure advantageous.
- Dynamic pile testing experience is desired.
- Candidate should have an appreciation and understanding for consulting work and be able to work independently.
- Candidate must have good writing and communication skills.
- Candidate will be responsible for performing dynamic testing of driven piles and drilled shafts at construction sites using a Pile Driving Analyzer® (PDA) system and the CAPWAP® program.
- Candidate will perform wave equation analysis utilizing the GRLWEAP program.
- Candidate will be responsible for attaching instrumentation to deep foundation systems for conventional static load testing as well as bi-directional static load testing.
- Candidate will also perform Crosshole Sonic Logging (CSL), Thermal Integrity Profiling (TIP), and Low Strain Integrity Testing (PIT) of drilled shafts, augered cast-in-place piles and similar foundations.
- Candidate will perform drilled shaft profile & verticality evaluations (SHAPE), drilled shaft base cleanliness evaluation deploying the SQUID system and bi-directional static load testing employing the GRL-Cell.
- Candidate will undertake analysis of collected data and prepare reports for clients in a timely and accurate manner.
- Testing locations will be primarily near the office location or contiguous states though testing could occur in other parts of the USA as well as in other countries, including offshore oil platforms.
- GRL will train and equip the candidate in the use of all of its testing systems and analysis software, including the PDA, Static Load Tester, GRL-Cell, Cross Hole Analyzer, Thermal
Integrity Profiler, Pile Integrity Tester, Shaft Area Profile Evaluator (SHAPE), Shaft Quantitative
Inspection Device (SQUID), CAPWAP and GRLWEAP.
Level of Supervision
- Candidate will report to the office manager and operate from that office. Engineers are required to be self-motivated and well-organized in managing client portfolios and requirements.
- Nominal work schedule is eight working hours per day, five days a week. However, as GRL provides a service that must be responsive to the construction industry and the immediate needs of the client, the work schedule can sometimes stretch into the weekends or into extra hours.
- Engineers spend approximately 50% of their time traveling away from the office including overseas.
- The deep foundation testing industry is a specialized field in which GRL Engineers is one of the industry leaders in terms of knowledge, skill, innovation and size due to its unique history and connection to some of the founders of modern dynamic testing. Ever since the 1970s the sector has been growing consistently and GRL with it. Professional development and professional engineering licensure are encouraged.
- Project engineers are tracked with a view to taking on more responsibility for their own client base or branch office as well as corporate responsibilities.
- GRL maintains a small firm attitude despite the fact that it covers the entire United States and works globally, including offshore. This allows for a collegial and positive atmosphere despite the challenges of its cutting-edge technology and work schedule.
- This is a salaried position with a competitive salary and a generous bonus.
- Benefits: GRL offers medical & dental insurance (covering 85-95% of premiums) as well as long- term disability and life insurance. Following the first year of employment, employees are invited to participate in the corporate 401K and profit-sharing plans.
- GRL Engineers, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, or national origin.
Diversity, Inclusion and Connectedness Statement
- GRL Engineers’ commitment to diversity and inclusion are an integral part of our company values. We believe that attracting, developing and retaining employees that reflects the diversity of our customers is essential to our success. GRL’s inclusive culture is the result of our commitments, our collaboration and our inspiration to grow.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: On the road