The Phoenix mine is looking for a core shed technician to be based at the Battle Mountain Core Facility. This position will be fully supporting all drilling related, and core shed functions described below.
- Demonstrate safety leadership and safety consciousness
- Conduct daily workplace inspections and field risk assessments
- Operate diamond core saw to cut the core samples at respected intervals.
- Coordinate and lay out samples for logging by geologists
- Manage QAQC samples and insertion at required frequency
- Accurately photographs drill core and chips ensuring natural colors and minimal distortion, using the Imago program.
- Coordinate timely sample shipments to laboratories and complete required forms accurately
- Management of sample inventory and related warehouse material
- Create and submit sample submittals
- Operate light vehicles and equipment including forklifts and skid steer
- Task train coworkers in equipment and procedures
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental policies and practices, and willingness to develop related skills sets required
- Maintain a valid State driver’s license for light vehicles. Ability to safely and effectively operate light vehicles required
- Ability to lift 50-75 lbs regularly required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities required
- Effective organizational and communication skills required
- Basic math skills required
- Ability to read and understand material retrieval requests, collect these materials and ship accordingly.
- Ability to learn and use basic computer software’s including Microsoft Office and AcQuire
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
About Nevada Gold Mines
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick’s Cortez; the combination of Barrick’s Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp’s Carlin; and the combination of Barrick’s Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp’s Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick’s Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.